by TTC TTC

250 WHT – Booster Pump Replacement

01/22/20 – TEI fieldwork visit and researching equipment options.
01/30/20 – SOSS submitted and original fieldwork completed.
02/24/20 – SOSS submitted awaiting approvals.
03/23/20 – Project ready for review. TTC will send to county for review. New booster pump is 100% redundant but new pumps are 5HP. Barth confirmed conduit and feeders still sized properly for new loads.

by TTC TTC

CH – Plumbing Repairs

08/08/19 – TTE sends SOSS to County as F-119.
10/25/19 – Bert inquires about deadline for bidding documents for this job. TTC sent review set and believes TTE can be done 10/31 with this work.
10/29/19 – Jessica send email about status of project and will be the PM moving forward on this work.
10/30/19 – Coty is onsite during afternoon finalizing access panel locations for bidding.
12/11/19 – Bids were sent out to Triton, Geiler and Debra and came back with two bids and a no bid. ThermalTech discussed the project with Triton, the apparent low bidder who seems to have everything covered. Bid tab and Bids forwarded to County for approval.
01/24/20 – Triton has submitted bid documents to the County and contract and PO paperwork is being drafted.
01/30/20 – Triton sent back signed contracts to County.
02/20/20 – Pre-Const Mtg held with Triton. Meeting notes sent on Monday, need to get Emergency Contact list sent to Jessica. Triton ready to mobilize on Monday afternoon to see the job. Background checks need to be complete before they can come on site.
03/23/20 – Triton has a couple of people with background checks and has been down on the initial field trip. Actual project start may be delayed.

by TTC TTC

800 – Fire Pump Study

10/19/19 – SOSS received and ThermalTech onsite for fire pump testing. We witnessed the fire pump test by SA Comunale and they stated that the fire pumps passed with both city water mains open.
10/30/19 – Terry and Cai met to review the model and report. So far the model is working and matching existing conditions. Cai did a great job interpolating the existing pressure drops from the field data we collected. It is our initial view that both city water mains need to be open for the fire pumps because of the large pressure drop across the BFP’s. WE have to get the mfgr data to confirm this. We also are setting up additional testing with CDFP for more field test.
12/12/19 – No new updates this month.
01/24/20 – This project can be archived in lieu of the City Water Main replacement which has been submitted for Bidding & Construction.

by TTC TTC

SPCA – Due Diligence Study

10/28/19 – Champlin, THP, and ThermalTech meet on site at the Hamilton County SPCA for a building tour. We toured the facility to see existing conditions and meet with representatives from the ASPCA and SPCA to discuss requirements for animal shelters. TTE has the existing drawings for scanning.
12/11/19 – The teams revisited the project site last Friday, THP on Monday. We are creating the estimates and report scope this week in advance of turning over the final report and estimates.
12/12/19 – The team discussed what to put in the report for Bert and in current population and code population. This report is supposed to discuss if the County should renovate this space for the new code requirements for canine’s. The county is not actually responsible for the cat population. #1-Renovation Cost, #2-expand to code population needs, #3-New Renovation Cost? We are to send all summaries to Kru at Champlin. BW said he really needs this next week. BOCC terminated SCPA agreement this year and are now looking for keep SCPA services. Provide draft by 12/19 to County.
12/20/19 – All partners have submitted cost and write-ups to the County. The County is working with CA on new building cost estimates and any updates that might be associated with square foot cost. The Renovation/Upgrade of existing facility cost seemed to be within expected ranges.
12/13/19 – THP reviewed budget for reduced repair scope project and discussed with CA.
12/16/19 – THP had conference call with project team to discuss repair scope.
12/18/19 – THP finalized draft of building envelope assessment report and emailed to project team for review.
12/19/19 – THP finalized building envelope assessment report and issued to CA.
01/27/20 – All information submitted to the County in December, will check on any additional updates at this months meeting.
02/20/20 – No updates this month.
03/23/20 – No updates this month.

by TTC TTC

JC – Water Heater Replacement

07/11/19 – ThermalTech sends SOSS to County.
08/21/19 – County Issues SOSS and PO to ThermalTech for Work.
10/21/19 – Project Issued for Bid.
10/28/19 – Prebid is held for project.
12/12/19 – Project is in for contract and approval. County reported contract is with the vendor awaiting signature.
01/17/20 – Pre Const Mtg was held and project notes distributed. Submittals and schedules requested.
02/24/20 – Geiler started putting submittals together but we have not seen the schedule or SOV yet for this project. TTC to check in with Geiler on Schedule. The Water Heater submittals look great.
03/23/20 – Permit drawings sent to Geiler for permitting. Geiler says deliveries are running slow due to governments shutdown, getting updated delivery for this project.

by TTC TTC

JC – Cooling Tower Refurbishment

07/11/19 – ThermalTech Issued SOSS-F-113.
08/21/19 – County issued SOSS and PO to ThermalTech.
10/21/19 – Project Issued for Bidding.
10/28/19 – Prebid held for project.
10/30/19 – TEI working on Addendum 1 questions.
12/12/19 – Project is in for contract and approval. County reports the contract is with the vendor.
01/21/20 – Pre Const held with Andy, TTC and Triton.
01/28/20 – Pre Const meeting notes distributed. CO costing approved by TTC to Marley.
01/29/20 – Triton sent in SOV, project schedule and submittals.
02/24/20 – Triton really pushing for background checks, Tony to check on Monday and let us know. Triton needs to get started very soon to have any chance of getting done even by April 15.
03/24/20 – Triton emailed today that the project has been put on hold for this spring and summer and it will be done in October 2020 due to the government shutdown and delivery orders.

by TTC TTC

Comm Center – Temp Trailer Due Diligence

05/21/19 – TEI to study feasibility of adding a temporary trailer behind the building for additional office space.
07/25/19 – TTC to submit an SOSS for this work.
08/28/19 – No updates this month.
09/24/19 – No updates this month.
10/30/19 – No updates this month.
01/24/20 – No updates this month but officials are started to ask about starting this study.
02/24/20 – No updates his month.
03/24/20 – No updates his month.

by TTC TTC

Burlington – HVAC Upgrade

09/14/18 – ThermalTech contacted to provide HVAC study at Burlington Garage.
09/20/18 – ThermalTech has Monnit sensors on site for space and humidity monitoring.
10/05/18 – ThermalTech issues final study of space conditions with recommendations for better space and humidity controls.
11/01/18 – ThermalTech issues Small Project Manual for bidding to local contractors for HVAC work.
11/26/18 – ThermalTech issues Bid Results to County.
12/03/18 – Engineer’s Office issues PO to winning bidder for the project.
01/16/19 – SOV approved for NKYHA and the work should begin shortly.
04/03/19 – Project punchlist issued to contractor for Work.
04/25/19 – Review work with County and NKYHA, final changes and adjustments underway.
05/29/19 – ThermalTech created Temperature Trend worksheet and emailed to Tony and Mike.
06/03/19 – ThermalTech issues weekly summary showing temperature and humidity’s are within limits; confirms that installed equipment appears to be operating correctly. TEI has not been on site to witness the workings of the dehumidifiers and RAWAL valves since the 4/25 field visit.
06/26/19 – ThermalTech issued temperature and humidity trends for the building. Everything looks great and all systems are go. We will continue to monitor until July 31.
07/25/19 – ThermalTech adding Monnit sensors for additional trending. Spaces look okay but discharge temperatures and unit temperatures not matching up.
08/28/19 – NKYHA added refrigerant to the Admin unit and TEI pulled out the Monnit sensors after several weeks of good data. Everything appears to be work okay. Humidistats were set to 65% so the units could do the majority of the dehumidification. When the separate dehumidifiers operate they discharge 100F air into the space as part of the dehumidification cycle making it harder for the split systems to maintain space temperature.
09/12/19 – Mark called to say NKYHA sent a payapp in with no signature. I told Mark to forward it to me for payment, but Rick sent it to me and it was wrong.
09/24/19 – Ready to Archive this project. Rick owes the County one more payapp because I rejected his last payapp because it had the wrong amount on it.

by TTC TTC

CH – CMSnet AD Migration

03/08/19 – TEI met with CMSnet for a scoping meeting on the AD Migration Project and submitted an SOSS for the project.
03/20/19 – SOSS approved by County.
04/15/19 – Coordinating design meeting times with CMSnet.
05/15/19 – Attended CMSnet quarterly PM meeting and kicked off project with departments.
05/20/19 – Sent Purchasing a review set of documents and front end with dates which they approved in general. Need to finalize bidding schedule with CMSnet.
05/21/19 – Met with Conexio after 5/15 and discussed scope, schedule and work required for bid.
05/22/19 – Found two additional Novell to AD migration experts, invited them into ThermalTech to discuss means and methods of project.
05/23/19 – Internal meeting at ThermalTech ton convert this job to a perform.
05/24/19 – ThermalTech forwarded review meeting books to Stephanie because Shannon is out.
05/28/19 – ThermalTech rewrote the specs as performance specs after meeting with CMSnet. TEI setup meeting to meet with specialist on Monday June 3.
06/20/19 – Met with specialist earlier this month and asked for some bidding data from them. Did not receive anything back. Circled back and checked with them again today.
06/27/19 – As of today nothing back from any third party vendors in the way of helping the bid but companies are interested in bidding the work. TTC will have final review specs next week for CMS review.
07/24/19 – Final RFP sent to Purchasing and CMSNet for approval.
07/25/19 – CMSNet sent back comments this morning. TTE will pick these up with the hopes of releasing this document on 7/31 as scheduled.
08/28/19 – CMSNet review book sent back with new dates and schedule. We are awaiting new comments from the department heads and approval of the new bidding schedule form CMSNet.
09/03/19 – Received email and comments back form CMSnet on the RFP document.
09/24/19 – Made comments and submitted back to CMSnet for approval.
09/25/19 – Talked to Shannon Supe to setup meeting for final schedule on Friday for bidding out this project.
10/04/19 – Project Issued for Bidding. Bid Opening scheduled for Nov 7, 2019.
10/24/19 – Add01 Issued.
10/30/19 – Add02 Issued.
12/12/19 – One bid was received and eventually rejected by the County. We have submitted a small SOSS to cover the time to solicit State Term of GSA type contracts for mid January 2020.
01/24/19 – ThermalTech making final edits for rebidding through STS currently, will send to Shannon for final review this week.
02/20/20 – Met at CMSNet PM Mgr meeting and discussed final review of revised GSA STS bidding. Ready to bid after final remarks are picked up on bid documents.
03/23/20 – Final review document sent to CMS, checked back 2 or 3 times for final comments.

by TTC TTC

800 – City Water Main Replacement

12/15/18 – TEI spoke with CWW on adding new city water main and abandoning old main underground. This seems to be an acceptable solution for everyone.
12/31/18 – SOSS approved, ThermalTech can start design for replacement.
01/31/19 – ThermalTech has completed several field trips for this work and worked out replacement with the CWW for this job. THP will provide notes for sealing up the wall after piping is removed. We will try to have ready for ITB and bidding in early February. We will get prices now for Facilities to see about funding.
02/28/19 – Project updated with revised scope and sent to Bert. TEI met with GBBN and THP to discuss their role in the final TEI drawings and got some information about how the project will work. TEI to update drawings and cost estimate with final scope.
03/21/2019 – THP Finalized foundation repair detail and related specification sections and emailed to TTE for review.
03/27/19 – THP submitted drawing package to ThermalTech. TEI incorporated details into job and updated floor plans. Final review set going out this Friday.
04/24/19 – Prices submitted, project awaiting approval by County.
05/28/19 – Project on hold awaiting release by the County.
06/27/19 – Project on hold pending funding.
07/25/19 – Project on hold pending funding.
08/28/19 – Project on hold pending funding.
09/25/19 – Project on hold pending funding.
10/30/19 – Project on hold. Fire Pump Study working on peripheral items associated with this update.
12/11/19 – Project on hold.
01/24/20 – Project SOSS for Bidding & Const submitted to County for approval. Drawings are pretty much ready for bidding upon County approvals.
02/20/20 – SOSS and PO forthcoming after speaking with Facilities. TTE should prepare the bid document work in Feb/March.
03/23/20 – Final review drawings are nearly complete. TTC need to check over and send to Tony.

by TTC TTC

A&D – Cooling Tower Replacement

01/07/19 – ThermalTech met onsite with BAC representative and reviewed condition of existing towers. TEI sent in an SOSS for the study for approval to Facilities later that day in hard copy and email.
01/21/19 – SOSS approved TTC setting up report and getting prices for replacement and repairs.
02/28/19 – All prices are in and preliminary report has been written. TTC to review, updated and send to Bert and Steve for their use.
03/27/19 – TTC must review final cost estimate tonight to share with County tomorrow.
04/25/19 – TTC will submit report today.
05/27/19 – Prices and Study submitted to County. Awaiting County decision on repairs.
06/27/19 – Talked to Tony Matre about bidding out the replacement of the cooling towers this year and he said check in with Bert about project viability. The schedule would be to start after cooling season and be complete prior to 2020 cooling season.
07/24/19 – Meeting schedule with County on 7/25 to discuss options. TTE fieldwork is complete for the cooling towers. PID has been converted to CAD for use on this project. There are questions about the design and cooling tower sizes to be discussed at Thursday meeting.
08/28/19 – Project is in to the owner for review. Funding is set for approval from JFS in August.
09/24/19 – Project undergoing some funding and County review. TTE will have project ready to bid when final okay comes from Owner, looking to mid November.
10/30/19 – Project on hold. TTC checked with lead times on Evapco towers who claim to still be two to three weeks.
12/11/19 – Had some movement on this project this week. TTE to submit a small SOSS for some additional services for extra design work.
12/12/19 – The money has been approved for this project but the paperwork is not fully approved at this time.
01/24/20 – ThermalTech putting final bid documents together for bidding in February 2020, award in spring, be read to construct in November 2020. TTC discussed project with Steve Terheiden last week on Ameresco walk through.
02/20/20 – SOSS and PO should be on their way for work in Feb/Mar.
03/19/20 – Prebid meeting at the site with about 6 bidders. Several items to be released on Addendum including a 6th Floor drawing clarifying sweeper piping.

by TTC TTC

JC- Room 120 HVAC Study

09/04/18 – Pulled the original Trace Calc to show we are using 11.5 tons of a 20 ton chiller, this chiller can do more work.
09/21/18 Met Andy and took off all fieldwork in the Room #120 area tracking down the piping and ductwork associated with the new fan coil units for the 20-ton system and the single zone system.  The fieldwork showed us that there are more FCU’s than in the original PO with Motz and these are connected to the 20-ton chiller unit.  TEI is certain the old ductwork and diffusers are still in place providing ventilation to the space and the new FCU were added for additional space conditioning.  We will update the load calculation and look at expanding this system into the Employee Services area across the hall with additional FCU’s.  Bill this to the AKM General Service number.
10/22/18 – Sent Tony and Andy a full schematic design and cost estimate for Room #120 expansion and replacement project using the existing chiller.  Raw cost was about $58k and about full cost including engineering and permitting was about $90k.
11/29/18 – No updates this month.
12/31/18 – No updates this month.
01/22/19 – No updates this month, TTC has decided to archive for now.
03/08/19 – Andy contacted Terry about report and TTC reissued email to Andy and Tony with cost and floor plans.

by TTC TTC

CH – Room #160 HVAC Study

07/16/18 – Sent Tony and updated summary of the fieldwork and load calculations associated with Room #160.  Provided basically four options for possible HVAC changes that may help with cooling issues.

  • Unit appears to size large enough for the design day load
  • Add reheat to all interior zones for additional comfort control
  • Replace the unit and add zoning
  • Add DX unit to just #160
  • Relocate Judges to rooms that match their cooling request

08/01/18 – AAB provides hard quote for work based on ThermalTech drawings; they are estimating three to four days of field work to rebalance everything and test it.
08/03/18 – Tony contacts ThermalTech about moving forward with project.
08/23/18 – TTC sent a follow up email to Tony and Rob outlining what Honeywell found while on site performing additional research.  Al the existing VAV boxes are pneumatic and any control strategy with intelligent reset design is not possible unless they are upgraded to DDC boxes.  Hot water not available on this floor but is available in the basement with the unit.  TTE provided a general estimate to upgrade the boxes and extend hot water reheat to the new spaces.  What we have not found is what temperature the hot water is disabled based on OAT and what that may do to this design.
09/27/18 – Court decided to wait for funding before they do anything and what they have now will work for the foreseeable future.
10/23/18 – This project archived by TTC.

by TTC TTC

Energy Manager

04/03/18 – TTC updated the Duke Proposed Rate increase in the Energy Outlook section and incorporated all of RWL notes into the Rev 2 file and created Rev 3 and sent to Ralph and Tony for approval.
04/04/18 – Rev 3 of the 2017 Energy Report is complete. The editable Word file was sent to Ralph for approval by Judi prior to submission to the BOCC. 04/26/18 – Ralph reported that the final report is in the editing stage and he will return as soon as Judi has markups.
07/04/18 – All Energy Impact Studies updated and sent to Bert and Tony for approval and use.
07/14/18 – All Energy Star submitted to the EPA for approval.
08/01/18 – All buildings Energy Star Reports are complete.  We were able to get SPHQ certified this year with some good work with the EPA folks on how to model the building.  230, 800, Admin, A&D, Courthouse, 250 and SPHQ all qualified this year.
08/29/18 – Bracken review the Archibus versus Watchdog reports this week and there are some discrepancies we need to fix.
09/24/18 – Verified the first six months of 2018 in Watchdog and Archibus this month, started putting together the 2019 Energy Report format, pulled all the Watchdog data down into TEI excel forms.  Grace, Bracken and Laurie have updated pretty much everything from Watchdog into our forms for future use.
10/23/18 – ThermalTech has created a excel file database to mimic Watchdog data given the vast changes in the Watchdog database format, I may recommend that we abandon the Energy Watchdog Website if its too complicated to use and doesn’t display the data as Tony likes – we will either give it to him manually or use the Archibus Watchdog Reports.  We also reconciled the first six months of 2018 for all energy data and fixed a multitude of smaller errors and reports.  It is very important to keep two database of the information to ensure Archibus reports the data use accurately so we can’t abandon the manual entry or Watchdog entirely in our opinion.  I have also met with Bracken and Amy Crousey to cross train more TEI people on the energy manage duties to assist me in my efforts to keep up with the data.
11/29/18 – We have started the 2018 Energy Report and are waiting on an updated SOSS for next years activities.
01/09/19 – Spoke with Tony and we are shooting for a draft report of the Energy Report to Ralph at the Ohio Energy Conference on Feb 19, 2019. Final report due in March 2019.
01/22/19 – TTC and AEC working on final report, requested curtailment from the County for report.
02/28/19 – TEI attended the 23rd annual Ohio Energy Conference with Ralph and Tony Feb 19/20. TEI also send the draft Energy Report to Ralph to make edits for this year final report yesterday.
03/11/19 – Ralph returned comments to ThermalTech on final report updates. TTC received Ameresco M&V data for report. TTC to make final edits and finalize report for printing.
04/24/19 – TTC started final edit soon Energy Report for Ralph and Tony.
05/03/19 – Printed final copy for Facilities and dropped off downtown for distribution.
05/10/19 – Terry met with Ralph and picked up final round of comments, made edits, printed final and returned final set to Facilities this day.
06/18/19 – Talked to Tony and mgrs about getting access to data rooms for modify the energy star model for new data center requirements. Those field trips can probably happen next week for Ryan J.
06/27/19 – Worked with Duke to get 230 meter converted to remote reader. They installed new devices on 6/21/19 and sent a new bill showing non estimated readings yesterday to our accounts.
07/25/19 – TTE attended RFP for new energy savings last week. Collecting data and preparing for more work.
08/28/19 – This month had some billing issues for us to work one. Admin water was unusually high which we worked on with Tony and in the field at the meter. Data was sent to Tony with TTC review of existing conditions. Coroner Gas was zero creating several issues in Archibus and for billing. We contact David Hiser and discovered that Duke will rebill several accounts. We have decided to wait until the new bills are entered into Archibus to approve and correct these bills. However the usage was not out of historical norms.
09/19/19 – Coroners bills retroactively getting updated by Duke due to a metering issue. ThermalTech will update the Archibus database. Admin Water bill had high usage one month but apparently back down to previous usages. The low water meter side of the meter does not seem to be registering low water usage at this time based on TTC fieldwork.
09/25/19 – The CCAO is apparently changing gas suppliers in November 2019 to IGS. TTE preparing for these changes in Archibus and approving bills.
10/04/19 – TTC meets David Johnson on site and collects data from Courthouse PLC system. TEI prorates missing dates and months for CH steam usage from last three year. Amy populates the district heating plan in Energy Star. Courthouse only increases to 59. TTC informs County that the Courthouse will not qualify this year for the Energy Star Award.
10/11/19 – Ryan, Terry, and Amy are working on Energy Star submissions for 230, 800, Admin & A&D.
10/22/19 – Energy Star submission are uploaded to the EPA.
10/29/19 – Energy Star approvals come back for 230, 800 Broadway and A&D Building.
10/30/19 – Admin Building Estar is signed and uploaded.
12/12/19 – We are performing end of year work and preparing the Energy Report for next year.
01/24/20 – ThermalTech started compiling the worksheets for the Energy Report for Calendar Year 2019 in an effort to have a preliminary draft ready for OEC with Ralph and Tony. Archibus bills for IGS still getting entered and sorted out, Admin electric bills still need fixed for 2019 estimated and new meter data.
01/28/20 – Ralph sent TTE work on sharing Energy Star with the Green Umbrella people.
02/17/20 – Mark and Terry finish draft Energy Report for Tony and Ralph to review. Great progress this year and we are farther along then usual. Executive Summary write up and calculations not done yet.
02/18/20 – TTC, Ralph and Tony at the Ohio Energy Conference this year and several items will find their way into the Energy Report this year. This was a two day seminar on a variety of topics related to energy futures and managing energy and renewables in Cincinnati.
02/20/20 – Three main things to work on this week for Energy Report. (1) securing the rebate for the wrong tariff at the Courthouse, (2) Opting out of the Duke Energy EE riders and (3) exploring the Building Performance for Energy Star.
03/23/20 – Sent final copy Rev 5 to Ralph and Tony for final review.
03/24/20 – Got comments back from Ralph, picked up comments and send final Rev 6 to Ralph for approval.
03/25/20 – Got approval to print 16 color copies of the final Report and two thumbs up from Tony and Ralph. I’m going to send this one out to Phipps because we are not in the office to print this year.

by TTC TTC

JC – Switchgear AC Unit Project

01/08/16 – Met with Merkt on site to kickoff new AC unit in UPS room.
01/26/16 – Discussed scope of work with Tony and Joe over email today. Requested quote from Ray Weyman on Mitsubishi split at 4 tons for this room. This work may be a change to existing elevator work for cooling with Debra or owner will self-perform this work.
02/08/16 – The 4-ton unit only comes in a heat pump option but that heating can be locked out to provide cooling only. The 3-ton unit is a single wall unit with a single condensing unit. The 3.5 ton unit is ceiling cassette with a 3.5 ton condenser.
05/18/16 – Tony requested new SOSS for this work.
06/23/16 – ThermalTech was onsite performing fieldwork for equipment layout for about 3 hours today. We tracked down equipment locations for the Liebert and Mitsubishi Units and possible power sources for both.
07/18/16 – Phone conference today between Cannon, Merkt, Denton and Matre has decided to use an inline DX coil for HV-9 to cool this space similar to the work we are doing in the elevator room upstairs for additional cooling when the CHW plant is down. ThermalTech will modify the design.
07/20/16 – TTC on site for more fieldwork and duct measurements for new coil design.
07/21/16 – ThermalTech got design data from Habegger on just coil pack and we are having some airflow and discharge air temp issues with the design that we will have to work through.
07/21/16 – ThermalTech got design data from Habegger on just coil pack and we are having some airflow and discharge air temp issues with the design that we will have to work through.
07/27/16 – We changed the design of the switchgear room AC to a coil and condenser unit and started requesting new cuts from Carrier. We are updating the plans now. The Data Room AC unit was changed for low supply and top return and we will try to collect the hot aisle air with a return duct above the data racks.
08/03/16 – Some progress made on design. Cad files received from Liebert this week, we are updating outdoor equipment.
08/25/16 – Design will be complete and ready for bidding in mid September for both phases.
09/01/16 – Review drawings due Sept 16.
09/23/16 – Project set to bid on 9/29/16. Prebid Oct 6, Bid opening Oct 20.
09/28/16 – Project is issued for bidding. Switchgear AC unit is the base bid. Liebert Unit and Medical Unit are Alternate bids.
11/10/16 – Contracts are written and sent to Tony.
12/09/16 – Contracts sent to Tony for Debra Kuempel. Waiting on approval and kickoff meeting.
02/02/17 – Precon schedule for 2/8 with DK.
02/21/17 – Submittals are in for approval. We are definitely having some trouble finding the medical valves but Peck is working with us to find them.
03/09/17 – TTC to finish submittals this week.
03/21/17 – Submittals are marked up and ready to go back to Debra.
05/17/17 – Submittals returned, equipment ordered, waiting for DK to get started.
06/28/17 – Const Mtg today to restart the project.
07/17/17 – Equipment is ordered and en-route. We have agreed to use a ceiling mounted cassette on this project. DK submitted a change order allowance usage for this work.
07/24/17 – Equipment should be here next week per Debra Kuempel.
08/10/17 – Coil is installed downstairs in UPS room. Medical unit is installed upstairs.
08/30/17 – Work is progressing well, Cassette is installed upstairs. Coil is installed downstairs, balance report is short on airflow from existing unit.
09/25/17 – TTC crafted and sent the allowance usage to Dave Gleason for this project and he signed and sent back to the County. We are waiting on owner signed documents but are moving forward.
10/24/17 – Debra reports that most work is complete. TTC checking on progress on the electric and controls portion of the job.
11/28/17 – ThermalTech checked in with Debra on update on project today.
02/02/18 – Punchlist distributed to Debra Kuempel for project closeout.
04/04/18 – DK committed to wrapping this project up including controls by 4/30/18.
04/26/18 – Purchase order came out this week.  ThermalTech agreed to perform the airflow readings for Debra and will share the results with the team.  Then we will setup that conference call to discuss the results and proposed upgrades with the new motor.
08/01/18 – New motor is installed.  Balance report shared by DK, commented on by TTE and send to County.  Project is complete and DX unit is working well so far.  Project is ready to archive.
09/04/18 – Systems are working well per Facilities.  Project should be ready to archive.
10/25/18 – TTC delivered O&M’s to Tony Matre for closeout at Thursday Partner Meeting.  The final permit is not approved and closed yet on the City website, TEI email Debra instructing them to close it out ASAP.
11/29/18 – The electrical permit is ready for DK to get the final inspection for closeout on this job.
01/10/19 – Final inspection appears to still have issues according to the website. TTC contacted Debra Kuempel to resolve. 9070-FINAL INSPECTION 11/26/2018 Defective (14X) Defective: 1. Label unit on roof. 110.22 2. Accurate panel schedule. 408.4 3. Bonding bushing on 480V. 250.97.
01/22/19 – According to DK the inspections are complete and they will send in all final paperwork ASAP for closeout.

by TTC TTC

JC – Liebert Unit Replacement Sheriff Data Rm 3rd Fl.

11/14/16 – Final Addendum went out to bidders. Bid opening is schedule for Thursday.
12/07/16 – Contracts sent to Tony for Debra Kuempel. Waiting on approval and kickoff meeting.
02/02/17 – Precon schedule for 2/8 with DK.
02/28/17 – No updates from Tony on approved contract.
03/09/17 – Waiting for kickoff on this project.
03/15/17 – PO and Contracts are ready, TTC requested meeting times from contractors and owner.
03/21/17 – We are ready to have the kickoff meeting for this project.
04/26/16 – Submittals requested. Pre Const Mtg was held.
05/17/17 – Submittals approved. Equipment ordered.
06/28/17 – Const Mtg today to restart the project.
07/17/17 – Unit is on order and should arrive late July.
07/24/17 – Equipment should be here next week, DK people approved for access but some JCI people not approved yet.
08/10/17 – TTC met Debra and Andy on site to discuss break down and reassembly of the Liebert unit in the data room today. Debra not a fan of breaking down the unit, we are exploring the option of taking out the window and
08/30/17 – We are going to order the door for the replacement of the single door. TTC to work out allowance with Debra.
09/25/17 – TTC crafted and sent the allowance usage to Dave Gleason for this project and he signed and sent back to the County. We are waiting on owner signed documents but are moving forward.
10/24/17 – Piping is ran to the unit. The scaffolding is coming down this week. Insulation appears to be installed as well. Outdoor unit is set. The interior door work is underway. KFI ran into a frame issue today and is having the frame modified for a Wednesday install. Once we get the double doors installed the Liebert should be rolled into the place the rest of the job can commence.
11/28/17 – ThermalTech checked in with Debra on update on project today.
02/02/18 – Punchlist distributed to Debra Kuempel for project closeout.
04/04/18 – DK committed to wrapping this project up including controls by 4/30/18.
04/25/18 – Project is complete and I believe final training is complete.  Final payapps are being delivered to Tony on Thursday.
08/01/18 – Project is complete and running as design; ready to archive.

by TTC TTC

CAB – Chiller Rebid Project

03/05/18 – Terry and Colin onsite doing additional fieldwork for redesign. We are investigating new piping connections and existing pipe routes for new configuration. The good news is that some of the piping we thought had to be extended and modified already exist for AHU-1 & 2. The piping changes required on the tenth floor and roof are possible albeit a little tough to do.
03/24/18 – TEI submitted revised SOSS for new design and bid cost for TEI and THP. LCC equation is ready for bidding for air cooled chillers. Revised design is about 50% complete for mechanical changes for the new design.
04/19/18 – ThermalTech release LCC bid documents to manufacturers for rebidding this project for Air Cooled chillers only. Trane, JCI, Carrier and Daikin all invited to bid. The nominal tonnage of the chillers will be 200 tons. Bids and performance numbers are due to ThermalTech April 30 at noon.
04/25/18 – Addendum #1 release today with updated calculations and some other updates to the bidding worksheet.
05/17/18 – The LCC results were published to the bidders, Facilities and Purchasing. Carrier High Efficiency Option #2 was the best LCC chiller for standard refrigerant, model 30XV-2006M40–4-2 using R-134a. And the Next Generation Chiller best LCC went to the York JCI chiller using R-513A model number YVAA0213.
05/23/18 – Terry and Colin perform fieldwork to wrap up new piping changes for new chiller design. We go everything we needed and marked up all the piping on the 10th floor for future changes. We are confident we can do all the piping changes required for convert the building to Air-Cooled Chillers.
05/25/18 – Mechanical drawings are ready for TTC review. Final chiller equipment has been sent to THP for structural design and upon initial review, all seems to be in order. Good news on the piping front, we can find a decent path from the penthouse to the new chillers and route the piping about 41″ above the room and miss the Liebert unit piping rack, found a space to create a walk over the new piping for easy access and can make a new door in the penthouse using existing louver material.
06/26/18 – TTC has marked up final mechanical drawings for editing. Electrical drawings are being updated now for bidding. TTC will get new ITB this week and put the project out for bidding first week of July. I need to coordinate prebid with Bert and John Gilbert.
07/26/18 – Rebid project is on the street. Prebid meeting schedule for August 2 and Bid Opening scheduled for August 23.
08/29/18 – Bid were opened on schedule.  Triton Services was the apparent low bidder on the project.  TTE held a post bid interview with the bidder and sub-contractors on Tuesday at our offices and reviewed the project is detail.  Most everything was covered and Triton appears to understand the project well good sub-contractors for this project.  They would like to get submittals started ASAP on this project.
09/24/18 – Contract appears to be approved and on its way to Triton for signature.  Duke released some data on next year’s rebate program which we should be inline for with this chiller purchase.  THP review the structural proposed questions and returned satisfactory answer to keep the job moving forward.
10/23/18 – PO in for approval and then TEI will schedule the Pre-Const Mtg with Triton.
11/27/18 – Pre Construction meeting was held onsite with Triton Services. Permit response came back and we are working with Triton to get the four responses answered for this job. Terracon must be engaged as a special inspector on the job, and we provided some additional permitting material to take to the city, plus the city will require a General Permit for the structure.
12/31/18 – Two construction meetings so far. Project is underway. Submittals are moving along and being approved. Background checks are almost completed. Triton is mobilizing to site. Crane lift being scheduled for early January. Chiller delivery is February and we are working on getting that moved up. Steel and piping are being fabricated now and that will be the first lift up t the roof.
01/10/19 – Triton directed to get CHLR-3 online first for hot days. Control meeting was conducted with TEI and Emcor on Monday for coordinating control sequences on new chillers. TEI issued updated sequences to Owner, Triton and Emcor for use on this project from this meeting.
01/21/19 – Glenwood found that a 1000A breaker with the correct lug alignment was not available from GE at this time. They submitted a change order for the work. TEI contacted CE power to find a direct replacement for the breaker that will hopefully be less expensive than the submitted change order.
01/22/19 – Control submittals have been received and return immediately. TEI and Emcor worked through specific control questions and TEI issued an updated sketches for 10th floor piping that has to be coordinate with Triton during installation. We also approved a ball valve in the bypass even thought that technically won’t be used until the three way valves are replaced later.
01/31/19 – THP update: Structural steel shop drawings reviewed and returned.
01/29/18 – Const Mtg #4 held. Project is moving along well. Glenwood is setting the transformers today. Piping is connected in 10th floor and along roof to structural steel location. Basement piping is demolished. The 5″ bypass will be started in the mechanical shaft and then routed over the ceilings to the mechanical room. ThermalTech will use Terracon fro the special inspections on the structural platform for this project.
02/17/19 – Steel was erected by 2/17, inspected, fixed and reinspected. Chillers were set on frame on 2/19 without incident. Everything looks good.
02/26/19 – Glenwood pushed to power outage to the backup date of 3/9/19 due to ship date of the circuit breaker being 02/28/19, and Glenwood was not confident that the breaker would be on site in time for the original outage date.  TEI and Glenwood revised drawings and submitted to IBI engineering change for the revised plan.  TEI to schedule a meeting with Triton and Glenwood for pre-outage conference the week of 3/4/19. Const Mtg #6 was held and Triton reported almost all their work is complete. They are waiting on Glenwood and Emcor to finish up the job. the glycol feeder and chemical test company should be on site within the next week for their work.
03/01/19 – Triton reports that glycol feeder is here and being installed. Emcor workers have their background checks in place and will start controls. Glenwood reports after Nester checked in that the breaker should have arrived yesterday and today for sure.
03/11/19 – TEI attended Admin Chiller Startup with County.
03./12/19 – TEI attended Admin Chiller startup for second day with County. Items brought up during startup are weatherguards, heating circuit, convenience outlet, trouble light, local disconnects, additional support on chiller base, additional glycol and differential pressure reader. ThermalTech to start working on these items for resolution. TEI can start the punchlist on the job as well.
03/26/19 – Electrical transformer and breakers installed and turned on.  The electrical final did not pass.  TE and Triton/Glenwood working to resolve issues on project to pass inspections.
03/27/19 – TEI held conference call with Glenwood to discuss change orders. TEI went to site and measure disconnect locations and redoing the work to make it easier for contractor and Owner.
03/28/19 – Barth, Glenwood and Nester met at the building to discuss final location of the new 600A disconnects this morning. Chiller #1 disconnect will be mounted on the West Side of chiller. on Chiller #2 we are basically doing the same thing but we need a junction box and extend the feeders in seal tight.
04/22/19 – TEI releases electrical and mechanical punchlist for final wrap up of project. TEI reviews and gets approved balance reports from vendors and factory for this project.
04/24/19 – Change orders approved for the power items that IBI required.  TEI performs and issues electrical punchlist.  Glenwood on site week of 4/22 making all corrections and CO work with the exception of ground detectors, which are on order but not received to date.  Upon receipt, ground detectors and final IBI will occur. Triton on site doing punchlist items and TEI meets them for new pipe label coordination. TEI asked for Training to be complete ASAP.
04/25/19 – Send Bert change order prices for CT and Chlr. Duke rebate check received and credited to the account, however this money probably can’t be used for additional change order work.
05/27/19 – Glenwood wrapping up change order work and final permitting of electric work for the project. Weather panels are coming very soon. There is a breaker setting we have to coordinate with Glenwood and then we should be able to get our final inspections in the next week or too.
06/27/19 – All construction work in complete. Glenwood set to call for final inspection next week to get final permit closeout for this project. TTC and Emcor meeting on July 9 to do some functional testing of the chillers. Triton approved via change order to remove abandoned and old piping on the project site prior to closeout.
07/25/19 – Triton finalizing all permits. IBI is approved. Triton also performing alternate work for the owner this week. Project ready for closeout.
08/28/19 – Project is complete and final inspections were approved on 8/12. However the owner called with glycol feeder issue with the Pulsafeeder unit. We met last Friday and review the installation with the salesman. They requested we remove all the control interface to the unit and put it back to factory conditions or else they consider the unit “tampered with”. We did everything they asked and then spent another two hours trying to make the unit work with limited success. We contacted the vendor and asked him to bring in the manufacturer to assist. To me this is all warranty work for Triton on this job.
09/20/19 – TTE met Triton on site and verify an AAV on the CHW glycol feed does seem to fix the issue. Triton will install and pipe the overflow back to the glycol tank.
09/24/19 – TTE verified the work is done. This project is ready to Archive.
01/27/20 – Bert called for final closeout confirmation today. TTC checked and all the paperwork and O&M’s are in. However the final payapp is not process. it was found that #10 and #11, balance of contract must be submitted. TTC confirmed with Triton on needed closeout documents.

by TTC TTC

JC – Backflow Preventer Replacement

03/23/18 – TTC met with John Nester and Andy Stafford about replacing the BFP at the Justice Center.
03/24/18 – TTC talked to City plumbing department and Blue Chip plumbing about replacing the BFP and what it would take. The city is not keen on downsizing the BFP at all and Blue Chip agreed they don’t need to be dual detector check but they do need to be reduced principal backflow preventers. TTC code research agrees.
05/21/18 – TEI Issued 30% review set and begins working on 4″ BFP replacement scenario. TEI sets up additional fieldwork on site for this project, TTC & RAJ.
05/22/18 – TEI puts together equipment cost differences after receiving Vendor quotes form Watts for this project. TTC and JN discuss bidding options. TEI to further design on 4″ scenario vs 6″ scenario for backflow preventers. There are two major issues with the first being if we need a full building shutdown to do this work and the second deciding if we are going back with 4″ BFP or 6″ BFP.
05/30/18 – Review drawings are complete and ready for TTC review but fitting to fitting work not complete by TEI quite yet in TTC opinion.
06/14/18 – ThermalTech create full 3D model to try to fit the BFP in this building without a building shutdown. Nothing aside form $20,000 in additional fittings worked so far. WE just don’t have enough room.
06/24/18 – We did a lot of design and fitting work this month on this project and confirmed neither 6″ nor 4″ BFP’s fit into the existing piping without shutting down the building and removing the existing gate valves which are not holding watertight. The team came up with the idea of changing the BFP model to a smaller skinner model with less flange to flange dimensions. We are still 6″ short of keeping the existing valves installed and reusing the old valves. Dan ordered a fire hose that we can test bypassing the inlet of the water piping to the filtration units, keep one set of valves and replace one set of valves and do this work without a complete building shutdown. This will be tested prior to bidding out this work.
07/26/18 – Revised drawings are complete and ready for review by County for Small Project Bid with latest BFP and bypass design included.
08/23/18 – Prebid held on site with five bidders.  Bids are due 8/31.
08/27/18 – Addendum 1 released to bidders.
09/27/18 – PO approved, contract over at Prosecutors Office for approval.  Project is moving forward.
10/23/18 – TEI to setup kickoff meeting with DK next Wednesday at 10am.  TEI to submit small SOSS for additional services.
11/27/18 – TEI returned submittals earlier this week and equipment should be ordered for this project.
11/07/18 – Site safety plan issued for this job. Equipment is ordered. Proejct schedule should be finalized shortly.
01/22/19 – HC checked in with DK on project schedule again today. So far background checks are in place and we are awaiting on the equipment to arrive to perform the work.
01/31/19 – We are shooting for 2/14 or 2/21 for doing this work. Prework will happen that week during they day.
02/21/18 – Debra Kuempel completed the backflow preventer replacement by 1:30am and had the city water back online and the building up and running. TEI was on site from 6pm to midnight for const assistance.
02/28/19 – Debra is performing the annual test on the BFP for the city paperwork, finishing the drains off the BFP and the insulator is coming down to insulate to wrap up the project.
03/27/19 – O&M have been received and approved and sent to County for closeout. Final payapp has been received and approved. No PW rates on this project to approve.
05/27/19 – Project completed and ready to archive. Annual test is complete and passed, good until next year. It’s working great.

by TTC TTC

CH – Server Room Consolidation

06/25/17 – Hamilton County requested SOSS for a consolidated server room on the second floor of the Courthouse.
06/30/17 – THP – TEI notified THP will be needed for a new Courthouse server room.
07/27/17 – Team going to meet and discuss revised scope in the next couple of weeks for brainstorming kickoff meeting.
08/31/17 – Partners meeting to kickoff scope and design meeting for this project at Courthouse.
08/31/17 – THP – Hamilton County defined server room requirements for SOSS.
09/14/17 – THP met with Terracon to assist with SOSS.
09/18/17 – GBBN begins field verification and Project Request Estimate research.
09/20/17 – GBBN researches Abatement Report from Pinnacle Engineering related to this project and distributes information to Design Team.
09/20/17 – THP published proposal to TEI and provided Terracon proposal.
09/22/17 – GBBN completes base electronic drawing file composition to verify scope and extent of work.
09/22/17 – THP published updated proposal to TEI.
09/25/17 – ThermalTech mailed a full copy of the revised SOSS for Schematic and Budget estimates to Facilities this week.
10/24/17 – SOSS still in approval stages. Team regular discusses status of project and we are working on verifying existing background data for this space. ThermalTech has briefly discussed the QC process internally and have assigned two owners and department heads to review the project given its high visibility.
11/28/17 – We held our first SD design meeting today with the client. New worksheet and equipment request need to be sent out for work and the preliminary project schedule created with the partners for this project. GBBN sent out proposed office layout for 263. If asked we are hoping to use only two parking spots only.
01/20/18 – Terracon and ThermalTech were on site for the first round of soil boring test and underground detective. Underground locations went fine and were marked by the company. A follow up report and drawing is forthcoming. Data found matched up with the drawing provided by the owner. However existing condensing units were too close to one of the AC units so it was relocated. The drill team had concerns about snow hanging off ledge above and with the weather so the drilling was postponed to February 24.
02/22/18 – ThermalTech release the first meeting notes from the design meeting along with progress to date on the schedule. Terracon will be back on Saturday to drill the soil bore test pit. We are also are going to need two test pits to determine the construction and shape of the footers around the courtyard for the design of the future platform. Terry scheduled to meet Kirby after partner meeting on Thursday.
02/24/18 – THP: Terracon rescheduled for test boring. Only 1 boring will be done due to small site and existing equipment. (2) Boring were not required, but cost was minimal for backup boring. Terracon to schedule (2) test pits to gather soil conditions information.
02/26/18 – Underground utility report release to the project team by Terracon. TEI forward to owner.-
03/06/18 – Test bore results are release to the project team. TEI sent to owner and THP.
03/16/18 – Revised SOSS for additional services for GBBN and Terracon sent to County for approval.
03/24/18 – TEI to meet with GBBN on new room configuration next week.
03/28/18 – THP: County has approved Terracon to do test pits. THP on hold waiting on soil/existing condition information to design foundation and platform. Column location will be determined partially by foundation system.
03/29/18 – THP waiting on the test pits to start design. Team discussed location of Egen on this project and TEI to adjust the schedule for new design issues.
04/21/18 – TEI, THP and Terracon on site for two test pits. Pits were dug and completed on Saturday. Updates and photos sent to County on Monday. GBBN updated the site plan with the footers found on site. ThermalTech started working on new site plans and will have a conference call setup for the partners to discuss or findings and platform designs.
04/23/18 – THP – Terracon completed test pits in the Courtyard. Footing depths of the west and south walls were discovered to be at different levels.  TEI started working on new site plans.
04/25/18 – Archibus number was enabled for editing again by the partner team.  ThermalTech sent existing cost and sketches to everyone prior to editing.
04/26/18 – Bert said to get the worksheet for loads updated first and then TEI to select a week to meet with CAGIS and update new inventories. TEI needs to show some hard copy progress for Bert to review. THP, GBBN, and TEI to work with Terracon for platform design.
05/17/18 – TEI contacts CMSnet to discuss data rack sizes and loading.
05/18/18 – TEI and THP discuss and share design concepts on the platform for this project. TTC and SJ send column locations to Ken for discussion. I believe we are leaning towards spread footers on this project.
05/25/18 – TTC creates Option #2 layout for incorporating the JC data center servers into the Courthouse and stumbles on what may be a better location for the CH Data Room with or without the additional servers. TEI discussed benefits with GBBN on new location.
05/29/18 – Relocating the JC Sheriff data center to the CH was explored by TEI and an email summary sent to BW for use on the JC Recovery Four Pod scenario. TEI completes estimate for relocation and sends to Facilities at $184,000 to relocate 7 racks to CH Server Room build-out. CRAC units change in size to 50 tons each and require four condensing units instead of two, UPS, generator and the platform all must get larger.
06/25/18 – TEI has developed two platform designs for 30T and 40T condensing units. We have laid out all the servers in the new racks giving at least one rack to each department, this will need to be coordinated with departments. We have contacted CMS to see the server rooms with the technicians and confirm the CMSnet racks on Wednesday at 9am. Terracon final soils report is forthcoming.
06/29/18 – THP – Terracon published soils report.
07/26/18 – THP and ThermalTech working through design development issues of platforms. In the past month TTE has collected server information from CMSnet and contacted all other departments for final server loads. A preliminary layout was completed after the CMSnet survey and found that 21 Racks are sufficient for the new design. Facilities has reached out to other County departments for additional tenants that may want to be move over prior to the final cooling and electric load worksheets are complete. Sizing for the cooling units leaning towards 30 ton units. Fuel oil routing SD drawing, Admin 9th Floor and Roof SD drawings being drafted by TTE for Archibus update. We will update the original #1827 project number. TTE meeting with JII fire today for an updated vendor quote on the Fire Suppression work on Admin 9th floor at 11:30am. A lot of work going into wrapping up the SD design and cost estimate phase currently.
08/03/18 – GBBN confirms CAB-9th Floor Computer Room Abatement (ACM) scope with Pinnacle Engineering.
08/07/15 – Facilities answers final SD questions on scope to design team.
08/09/18 – Design Team wraps up Schematic Design Phase with updates to Archibus Project Request Estimate.
8/15/18 – Facilities confirms the displacement of the four workstations and blade walls in the east CMS area off the entry.  GBBN makes the corrections to base drawings and distributes to TEI.
08/23/18 – Bert met with CMSnet and Department Heads at monthly meeting and reviewed the SD plan with the latest information.
08/29/18 – Met with CMSnet twice this month and updated drawings and final calculations.  Only a couple of department still remain for verification.  We will attend next PM meeting with CMSnet for presentation.
09/20/18 – The basic revised estimating is complete minus coordination on some of the final bidding number and cost for new scope items.  Comments from CMS and Owner welcomed for final adjustments.  One thing TTC noticed was that the design fees on the new estimate can be reduced to TEI.  ThermalTech request additional funds to completed next phases of project including Construction Design Documents and Bidding.  TEI collecting SOSS’s for next phase from partners for submission.
10/15/18 – ThermalTech has submitted the Construction Design and Bidding SOSS for all partners for the next phase of this project.
10/22/18 – Bert sent an updated Probate court inventory worksheet for ThermalTech to use.  TTC to incorporate next week.
11/28/18 – TEI, THP and GBBN met at GBBN offices and reviewed the SD phase scope, cost estimate and schedule. We finalized the scope and schedule between the partners, assigned drawing responsibilities, and requested a setup meeting with Bert to discuss details on the structure. We will put some preliminary dwgs together and meet on Dec 11 at 9am.
12/20/18 – TEI, THP and GBBN hold design team meeting to discuss scheduling and deliverables.
12/28/18 – TEI and GBBN perform above ceiling MEP field verification. Photos taken.
01/10/19 – GBBN sent updated floor plan for the server room and Room 263 today for ThermalTech to use in design. ThermalTech is marking up new plans for design with latest changes.
1/11/19- GBBN meets with door hardware consultant to discuss door hardware and specifications for this project.
01/22/19 – TEI has setup all new drawings for hvac, elec, plumbing and fire to the new floor plans and started designing in earnest to the new designs. THP turned in four drawings for the new drawing package and will try to have draft dwgs ready later next week. GBBN has the floor plan complete and is updating the Life Safety drawing for our use on this project. TTC contacted the city about the use of water in this space and requested a face to face meeting. We will advise what we find.
01/31/19 – TEI to setup fiber meeting with telecom, cms, and facilities for new fiber connection with CBS.
02/25/19 – GBBN visits Rooom #263 with Facilities to review and measure ceilign and bulkhead heights. Existing ceiling and new SAT ceilings scope coordinated iwth TEI and Facilities.
02/28/19 – TEI/THP and GBBN to meet for coordination review of each firm’s drawings. Electronic drawing files sent to TEI in advance.
02/28/19 – Bert and Terry met with CMSnet and Dept Heads and presented a 75% complete working set of review drawings for the group. We discussed scheduled and Const on the project and they city specifically inquired about the crossover fiber between the Admin and CH to which TEI answered that we will be working on putting in a parallel redundant fiber to make sure that connections stays live.
03/07/19 – Design Meeting held. TEI produces Agenda and proposed Project Schedule.
03/15/19 – GBBN sends drawing updates to TEI for Owner Review.
03/22/19 – TEI sends list of changes required to documents and requests input on Construction Sequencing.
03/27/19 – TEI and Bert met with the Steering Committee to review the current drawings, scope, phasing, cost, and schedule for the project. Drawing were issued for review along with the schedule. We are shooting for bidding in end of April.
03/29/19 – TEI sends email with additional requested changes to design and documents. Construction material delivery logistics are discussed.
04/01/19 – TEI sends requiest for Server Room duct opening patching scope.
04/09/19 – TEI sends documentation discussing pros and cons of changing sizes of the Liebert Units to be used on the project.
04/15/19 – GBBN recieves Door Hardware Consultant Hardware Set documentation from vendor.
04/17/19 – Meeting with Telecomm, TEI send meeting notes out for review.
04/23/19 – TEI indicates all three existing window openings, in the Server Room permiter, are to be infilled iwth new louvers for consistency. Future Liebert Unit replacement will not be done through the existing window openings. GBBN revised background drawings accordningly and relocates new double door relative to resized Liebert Units and locations.
04/25/19 – Four Liebert configuration has been incorporated into the floor plans, the doors have been shifted to accommodate the additional CRAC unit, THP provided revised platform drawings with new ladder layout and hinged cover information (TEI reviewing now), THP finalizing load study with four units (TEI provided new weights with only refrigerant). We need to set final scheduled for review drawings and bidding with the County.
05/27/19 – Telcomm meetings have been held, we are working on final details for the project design. final answers and comments due back from County on June 10 with the intent of bidding this project late June or early July.
06/27/19 – Final design is almost complete. We are planning on issuing final design review drawings end of day on 6/28. TTC revised the schedule to distribute at the Steering Committee meeting on 6/27 with new completion date of April 2021. Cost estimate is partially updated with the hopes of completing updating by end of day Friday. Project should be bid in July and August 2019.
07/25/19 – Final design is complete. ThermalTech dropping off a revised set of final review documents today at the Partner meeting including all specifications for the project. Pricing effort, review and update underway to find a cost that matches the scope and is within budget. We are trying to bid this project as soon as possible.
08/15/19 – GBBN sends SOSS data, for Construction Administration services, to TEI for inclusion into the SOSS, to be submitted to Facilities.
08/16/19 – GBBN receives email from TEI concerning new listing of Alternate Bids for documentation on Construction Documents. GBBN updates CD’s to reflect CAB 9th Floor Computer Room scope of work, to now be listed as Alternate Bid G-1.
08/28/19 – The budget and dates have been finalized with Facilities and Purchasing. We will have this project ready for bidding by 9/4 with the revised budget. The Admin building has been moved to an Alternate and TEI renumbered the Alternates and combined a few of them to make the project easier to understand and bid for the vendors. Final drawings and specifications are being reviewed and prepared for the Issued for Bid data listed above. All partners have agreed to the date of Issuance for this project.
09/20/19 – The prebid meeting was held and well attended by GC, MC, EC and FPC alike. TTE will prepare Addendum #1 and issue from the prebid meeting discussions.
09/25/19 – Addendum 1 Issued.
10/03/19 – Addendum 2 Issued.
10/17/19 – Addendum 3 Issued.
10/23/19 – Addendum 4 Issued.
10/24/19 – GBBN creates Addenda #5 revised scale drawing for issuance.
10/25/19 – Addendum 5 Issued.
10/28/19 – Addendum 6 Issued.
10/30/19 – County Issues Addendum 7 and extends the Bid Opening to November 12, 2019. ThermalTech working on additional items for concrete, hot aisle design, plumbing drain pan submitted by contractors.
12/11/19 – The bids have been opened last month and we received three qualified bids. ThermalTech has met with the apparent low bidder, Graybach, and found them to be responsive to the bid. The recommendation for approval was emailed to Bert and the County has started preparing the contracts and moving forward with the project. TTC and BW have a meeting scheduled with the Steering Committee later today for an update.
12/12/19 – Prosecutor has approved the contract for this job and it has been sent to Graybach for approval.
01/24/20 – Graybach contract has been approved by the BOCC, PO was received by Facilities. BW emailed TTC to release the bidders on the submittal process. Paperwork is forthcoming.
01/27/20 – ThermalTech contacted Graybach with approval information and asked them to start the submittals, Schedule of Values and Project Schedule for this job. We would also like to setup the Pre-Const meeting with the Contractors. TTC Create Project Team distribution group and additional people have been invited to Procore site for management of this job.
02/18/20 – GBBN returns approved submittals for Doors, Frames and Door Hardware.
02/20/20 – TTC and BW met with CMSNet project managers and provided a project updated stating that construction should begin in late March or early April on this project.
02/24/20 – Three submittals have been sent to the design so far. 1) Structural was rejected due to a Missouri not Ohio stamp, 2) Doors and Hardware was reviewed by GBBN, TTC to forward back to Graybach, and 3) HVAC submittals #1, TTE reviewed and will send back to Graybach on 2/22 of their use. Geiler used Liebert for this project which is the basis of design.
03/04/20 – TEI distributes update on Project Progress status.
03/11/20 – GBBN receives a copy of the Plan Review Response letter with indications of scope for each design team.
03/24/20 – Submittals and Permitting are working their way through the process. The County shared some data about access to the site and the building for the contractor that may impeded access to the building for the original start time. Graybach asked about background check progress which was provided yesterday to Graybach. We are working on new details for the Kohler generator submitted by DK and this week we have confirmed the generator is smaller, the same weight and almost the same size belly tank. We have a meeting tomorrow with Graybach and DK to discuss final details before we review the submittal again.

by TTC TTC

CH – AHU-51, 53, 54 Replacement

01/25/17 – TEI submits SOSS for project. Project pending SOSS approval and PO.
11/17/16 – Hamilton County requested SOSS.
02/16/17 – TEI, Facilities and Building Manager meet on site to kick off project.
02/22/17 – Trane has provided first cut sheet on modular unit for this job, we are trying to fit it into different locations, we are going with a 20 ton unit.
03/01/07 – ThermalTech sent preliminary equipment locations to the County and requested fieldwork to follow up on schematic design. We could potentially have a design meeting at this point and solidify where the unit will be installed.
03/09/17 – ThermalTech updated the floor plans after another field trip down to the site and proposed a final location of one 20-ton unit on the 6th floor with locations for new ductwork and a new wall to enclose the new unit. The county to follow up with Sheriff about using this space for a new unit. TTE moving forward with schedules and Trace runs.
03/15/17 – Revised cost estimates sent to Bert. We are still overbudget but not as badly after electrical modified their cost. We are waiting on revised data from GBBN and THP prior to making additional changes to the estimate. We can make the 6th floor unit work but now its a capital investment issue. Load calcs are complete and we can serve these spaces with a 20 ton, 10,000 cfm unit and we believe we can fit all the adjoining ductwork together to make that happen, the unit would go on the 6th floor.
03/17/17 – TEI contacts GBBN and THP, requesting Architectural and Structural respectively, assistance on this project and included the 5th and 6th floor proposed work drawings for reference.
03/20/17 -50% design dwgs were sent for review to Bert, Tony and Andy. The construction estimate is a little higher than the 192,000 originally budgeted. We are currently trying to finalize the general and structural numbers.
03/20/17 – GBBN sends estimating input to ThermalTech on Architectural implications of the project.
03/21/17 – Spoke to John Milar at THP and we will meet on Thursday to review the AHU locations for the Alternate bids.
03/23/17 – THP – Project explored different approaches not to provide platforms. Meeting now planned to evaluated platforms on 3/23/17.
04/26/16 – Jail Holding unit was added to the design and added as an Alternate to the job. New review drawings were sent to County on 4/25. Additional budgeting was requested for additional design and change orders by owner.
04/27/17 – THP reviewed field conditions and analysis original drawings. Proposed unit and location do not require modification to the structural frame.
05/12/17 – Project is 90% designed but in holding pattern awaiting bid results from the JC Platforms.
06/26/17 – Received revised budgets from Trane on this project and worked on relief air scenario a little bit more. Bid opening could be in July for this project.
06/28/17 – Render the Jury Room for Judge Shannon to see the new ductwork and VAV box.
07/20/17 – GBBN and TEI meet with Facilities for a Field Verification session on site.
07/24/17 – Design team met on site with GBBN to start wall and ceiling work. Some abatement is required at windows we are using for this project. Wall layout confirmed. ThermalTech updated HVAC drawings and they are ready for review. It was decided the Jury room would have an L Soffit instead of a new ceiling, TEI to work with GBBN on this and add access panels for VAV box maintenance.
07/24/17 – GBBN meets with Pinnacle Engineering and Facilities to examine the extent of abatement required around the existing windows and wall peeling paint. Facilities confirms abatement will be included in the Bid Package for this project. Abatement required is the removal of the interior window glazing putty (with window removal), scraping of the peeling and loose lead paint and removal of all pigeon droppings on the sills and wall surfaces. This will be the same for all four (4) windows in this area affected by the scope of work.
07/27/17 – Controls price came in yesterday for $20,000 to upgrade the system for the new layout. This includes removing three units and extending new controls to the new unit named AHU-53N. ThermalTech proposed new smaller soffit and VAV in mezzanine, county okay with this approach.
08/21/17 – Meeting with TEI and GBBN to view area and existing windows to the south of the visitation booths.
08/30/17 – TEI will get ITB and estimate complete this week, project to be Issued for Bid on 9/7/17.
08/31/17 – BW stated that he thinks the drawings are good to go. TTC stated he needed to update the HVAC details for access through the visitation booth add notes for painting the louvers to match the outside of the building color on that row.
09/19/17 – The prebid meeting was conducted today with good turnout by many contractors, some mechanical and some general contractors attended.
09/25/17 – Addendums 1 & 2 have been issued for this project. The bid opening is scheduled for Oct 12 for this project.
10/24/17 – Addendums 3,4,5 have been issued and the Bid Opening extended to Nov 2 for budget issues and equipment clarifications.
11/14/17 – TEI and GBBN attend Post Bid Meeting with Apparent Low Bidder at TEI’s Offices.
11/28/17 – GBBN and ThermalTech have update the drawings to Permit status and removed all the work not being installed and updated the floor plans to make the fifth floor room the new Mechanical Room. Some work remains and some coordination still remains but we believe it will definitely work it is just small spaces and not a lot of free room around the equipment.
02/08/18 – Const Mtg held. Submittals are coming in and being returned to contractor. ThermalTech met Triton on site for fieldwork.
02/19/18 – All HVAC submittals returned. Permit cost worked out with Triton, they can follow up with the City for costs.
02/20/18 – Door, Frame and Door Hardware submittals stamped “Approved as Noted” and returned to ThermalTech.
03/12/18 – Pre-construction meeting held with Triton for this project. Project schedule, SOV, and additional submittals required from Triton. Permit not ready yet, Triton to work out final cost with city, ThermalTech has worked out all the details with the city plans examiner. Triton to distribute meeting notes and revised schedule.
03/21/18 – VAV submittal returned for Tuttle and Bailey with revised btus per TEI markups. Fire Protection & Controls submittals still need review by TEI.
03/24/18 – HVAC Permit is Issued per EZ-trak. Electrical permit is reviewed and on hold for pickup by EC. Next Meeting is Monday. Triton reported today that the room is not clear for construction yet.
04/23/18 – Const Mtg #4 – Triton is on site working on demo and new work.  AH-53 has been removed from KP area.  New ductwork is being installed.  Existing pipe has been turned off and some of the existing piping has been capped off.  A leak in Cooper area may be related to our work and shutting down our heating hot water to AH-53.  Work is on schedule.
04/09/18 – Const Mtg #3 held and meeting notes distributed. We worked on some of the supply duct routes and return paths.
04/23/18 – Const Mtg #4 held and meeting notes distributed. Reroute return duct KP area, submit CO for sprinkler piping change, finalize HHW and CHW lines to and from units and some of the piping in Shanahan area will be below the duct.
05/07/18 – Const Mtg #5 held and meeting notes distributed. Honeywell on site and starting to work, interior lighting in AHU discussed, const mtgs changed to weekly for final run, Triton to cover all vents in Shanahan’s area and clean debris up daily in work area.
05/14/18 – Const Mtg #6 held and meeting notes distributed. Triton asked to submit change orders for extra work on this project so far. Shanahan soffit will be converted to rigid board ductwork and pants fitting to be fixed before insulation.
05/21/18 – Const MTg #7 held and meeting notes distributed. We are wrapping up Shanahan courtrooms and moving over to Cooper area. Honeywell controls are in place and starting to control the unit. IBI inspection schedule for next week KP ceiling should be going back up, change orders approved, painting has started and we are moving into the final phase of the project.
06/26/18 – Final inspection was approved last Monday. Mechanical and Electrical punchlist have been distributed. Request for Change Order Work #2 has been designed by TEI and sent to Triton for pricing. We have a rough idea of contingency monies left on this project and will try to fashion the changes with that remaining funding.
07/16/18 – Met AAB on site for testing of the airflow through the AHU. We tested the unit at various speeds and took videos on the inner workings of the unit and discovered at 45hz water migrates from the drain pan to the fan section under the drain pan divider. We will contact the manufacturer to rectify this issue.
07/25/18 – Final punchlist was back checked this month. The water leaked returned to which TTE and Triton have been working to resolve with JCI almost daily – there is a lot of behind the scenes work and communications Facilities not included on discussing issues and remedies for this problem. As of yesterday, Triton has increased the depth of the trap, resealed the interior of the unit, and tested interior drainage. JCI tested the levelness of the unit and found it to be installed properly, water was poured into the drain pan and found to drain back and down to the outlet of the unit and at 40hz all seemed to be well.
07/26/18 – The unit was set up to 45Hz and allowed to run overnight at the higher speed. If the unit is still dry we will release it to automatic operation.
08/28/18 – TTC went on site with Triton to work out the reheat coil fitting above the mezzanine in Shanahan’s area.  It’s a very tight fit and the two other VAV boxes have to have their supply ducts move so the new zoning works.  Other than that one coil, everything else was fitting well.  TTE approved controls submittals last week and confirmed with Randy Waddell yesterday for final order.
08/29/18 – Triton reported things are going well but contacted Honeywell to see when they will be on site adding controls and piping to the system.
09/24/18 – ThermalTech met with Triton last week to hash our some piping changes that were not making sense in the field and Triton is making those changes this week, followed by insulator and controls contractor wrapping up.  All work to be done by Thursday September 27.  Triton still working at night.  TEI still looking for hot water reheat lockout temperatures from Honeywell.
10/23/18 – All change order work is complete and the system is programmed into the controls.  Space temperatures look good today and the heating appears to be on.  All spaces are 72 and above.  TEI will start the closeout process on the project.
11/29/18 – Triton dropped off the OM’s yesterday to ThermalTech and TTC hand delivered them to the County including final payapps and closeout paperwork at the Partner Meeting. This project can be archived.
01/22/19 – Project running good. TEI collected all sensors from the space except for the one in the Sheriff surveillance space. Hopefully Barth will recover that for me.
01/23/19 – Project Ready to Archive.